Drought Update/Mandatory Water Restrictions
July 2015 Drought Update - Notice of Public Hearing - Water Conservation Ordinance
This hearing will allow the community to provide input regarding the District's water conservation implementation plan. The main proposed changes include:
1. Confirm Stage III A; 3 days a per week watering
2. Irrigation of potable water on medians is prohibited
3. Irrigation for newly constructed homes or businesses must comply with California's Standards.
Any written comments should be made to Amanda Kasten, P.O. Box 920 Rialto, CA 92376 no later than July 30, 2015. This meeting will be held on August 6, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. at the District Office located at 855 W. Baseline Rd. Rialto, CA 92376
For a full list of regulations please click here.
Para obtener una lista completa de las regulaciones por favor haz clic aquí.
Stage III: Water Warning - Additional Mandatory Watering Restrictions:
Under a water warning, the District asks customers:
1. For a mandatory reduction of 25% of their water consumption from 2013.
2. All landscape irrigation is limited to 3 (three) days per week; 10 minutes per station maximum.
3. Irrigating may only occur between the hours of 8pm and 6am.
4. Prevent water waste from runoff, breaks and leaks.
5. Washing down of hardscapes is not permitted.
6. Washing of automobiles must be done at a car wash.
7. If you have a fountain or water feature the water must be re-circulated.
8. All leaks must be repaired within 48 hours of notification by the District.
9. Swimming pools or fountains should not be filled after being drained.
10. All restaurants and food establishments must only serve water upon request.
11. Hotels and Motels must provide their customers an option of daily cleaning of linens.
The District had a 17% decrease in water usage among our customers for the month of May 2015 as compared May of 2013. Although the usage has decreased the drought conditions are still very extreme and the District adopted a Stage III Water Warning with additional mandatory water restrictions.
FREE UPCOMING EVENTS: Please visit our new Conservation Events
First Violation - A written warning sent with a copy of regulations
Second Violation - A second written warning with what penalties could be charged
Third Violation - $100 surcharge
Fourth Violation - $300 surcharge
Fifth Violation - $500 surcharge
The District is asking its customers to partner with us to use water more efficiently to help ensure our supply for the future. The District currently offers a multi-faceted rebate program to help customers install water saving devices inside and outside the home as well as offers FREE home water audits.
For more information on conservation tools and tips, to schedule a FREE water audit, as well as our rebate programs please click here
or contact our Water Conservation Department at (909) 875-1804 ext. 300.