As part of West Valley Water District's commitment to Water Use Efficiency and Conservation the District is pleased to help our customers with saving water. Customers may receive rebates by replacing or purchasing qualified water-saving products. Rebates are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be available for as long as funds are available.
- High Efficiency Toilets
- Up to $50, per toilet (maximum 2 per household; $100) installed that has a low volume flush of 1.28 gallons per flush (gpf) or less and must bear the WaterSense logo and must be on the list of WaterSense labeled toilets found at www.epa.gov/watersense
- High Efficiency Washing Machine
- Up to $100, for purchase of a new High Efficiency Washer with a maximum water factor of 6 (based on gallons per cycle/per cubic foot). Must be on the current list of Energy Star qualified clothes washers, as found at www.energystar.gov
- Weather Base "Smart" Irrigation Controller
- Up to $100, for purchase/installation of a new Smart Timer and must include a weather sensor or the purchase/installation of a weather sensor that is compatible with existing irrigation timer.
- High Efficiency Irrigation Nozzles
- Up to $4, per installed nozzle with documentation (pamphlet, sticker, etc.) signifying its water use efficiency and all nozzles on an individual valve circuit must be replaced at the same time for effective conservation.
Rebate Application (Turf Replacement Rebate Application-Below)
Solicitud para Reembolso (Solicitud para el Reembolso de Reemplazo del Cesped-Abajo)
Turf Replacement Rebate Program
- Turf Replacement
- Up to $1 per square foot, up to $1000, for the replacement of current turf with a water efficient landscape.
- Customer MUST have pre-inspection and approval before removing turf.
- Customer MUST submit a landscape sketch/design of all proposed conversion landscape areas at the time of pre-inspection approval.
- Projects MUST be a minimum of 500 square feet and completed within 6 months of approval date.
- Conversion areas must contain enough vegetation to create at least 33% living plant cover once the plants are fully grown.
- All plants being installed must be listed on the Inland Empire Garden Friendly Plant list available at watersavinggardenfriendly.com.
- Removal and replacement of turf must comply with customers' city and county landscape ordinances.
- Water efficient landscape products are at the desire of the customer such as rock, pebble, mulch, groundcover, drought tolerant plants with drip irrigation and synthetic turf.
- The conversion area must be completely covered by a layer permeable to air and water. Common materials include rock, bark, un-grouted flagstone or pavers and artificial turf manufactured to be permeable. Concrete or other impermeable treatments do not qualify.
- Customer MUST fill out a W-9 Form if requesting a check for an amount equal or greater than $600; may be considered taxable income. Check with a tax professional for your specific tax filing requirements.
Rebate Application-Turf Replacement Program
Solicitud Para Reembolso- Reemplazo del Cesped
For rebate submittal please print out application and send (with other required documents as stated) and mail to:
West Valley Water District
P.O. Box 920
Rialto, CA 92376
Attn: Conservation Department
Our water conservation specialists are here to help and will come to your home to identify areas indoor and outdoor that can help you save water.
To receive your FREE Water Conservation Kit please fill out the form below and take to District Headquarters Administration Office and pick up your kit.
Water Conservation Kit Form
For more information about our Rebates & Programs contact our
Conservation Department at (909) 875-1804 ext. 300 or email us at